Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tuesday, October 7th

The following article was in the September issue of The Tiger Print. Read the article (even if you already have) and respond to it below. What do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? Consider all perspectives of the article while you respond.

I totally agree with this article. It happens way too often that girls are told to put on a sweater or jacket over their shirt that shows "way too much shoulder", or when a student is in a room that is colder than Antarctica all they are told is they "aren't wearing enough clothing." Yes, I agree some girls can take things too far and show off more than anyone wants to see, but if I can't see their butt then I am not worried about the length of their shorts and no one else should be. I also think it is annoying that dress code is directed at only girls. If they are so worried about our shoulders distracting the boys then don't allow boys to show their shoulders either, but in both cases that would be ridiculous. The rules for the dress code have been taken way to far. I refuse to wear shorts that go to my mid-thigh just because the boys around me seem to have no self control.

No comments:

Post a Comment